Sunday 9 December 2012

Welcome Endometriosis

Last Wednesay I had my laparoscopy. Last Wednesday I faced my fear of anasthestic. Last Wednesday I welcomed something into my life that I am forced to live with for many years to come.

Welcome Endometriosis.

One of the hardest things I have to face is the question - are you feeling better now? Because as stupid as the answer sounds, no I am not. This is a chronic illness that cannot be cured. I will always be ill, I just have to learn to manage and adapt to it. I will work with it so that it shall be a part of me but never define me.

The good thing about this is it is known as the 'invisible disease' so when you see me I won't look ill. I will smile, I will laugh and I will be happy. That's who I am, no matter what is growing inside of me. 


This is a not so glam picture from after my surgery - Drugged up but still smiling! 

I am finding this blog really difficult to write, I have wanted to blog for a couple of days but in all honesty I haven't quite got my head around this yet, so to talk about it is really odd.

For now I will make this short, and I'll try to write more in the week.

Thank you to all my friends, family, and endo girls for your support.


1 comment:

  1. Hey, I was diagnosed with endo in March of this year after 10 years of symptoms, so I'm fairly early on with learning to deal with the diagnosis like you (I can hardly believe I've been diagnosed for 9 months already!)

    I really hope that you've found a good doctor now that will listen to you after all your misdiagnoses :(

    ReplyDelete